10 safety tips for Solo Women Travellers
Below are a few safety tips for Solo Women Travellers:
- It’s one thing to share pictures on Instagram or Facebook but checking in to every place you go to is just making it easier for a stalker.
- Always walk around with confidence, research the area before you go, be respectful of the culture and always be aware of your surroundings.
- Dress appropriately. It does mean covering up in certain countries covering up. Show respect for local people. Read up before you go to find out what’s acceptable in the country you’re visiting.
- Carry only the amount of money you need. Wear am undetectable money belt under the clothes. If you behave like you have a lot of cash on you, it could be trouble.
- Have a booking if you’re arriving late. This will prevent wandering the streets at night trying to find a bed somewhere.
- Open bags, open money belts and baggy open pockets are targets for pickpockets and thieves.
- Take a single bag easy enough to on the back, your hands are free in case you stumble.
- If lost, walk confidently to a café or bar or a crowded restaurant and ask for guidance or directions.
- Be careful with drugs and alcohol. If someone offers to buy you one, say no or stand next to them as they order it. Don’t ever leave your drink unattended.
- Carry important numbers with you. Write them down somewhere, in case you lose your phone.
Stay in hostels for your solo trip. Here are some affordable youth hostels in Thailand.