Stainless steel is resistant to corrosion and oxidation in low and high temperature because it contains chromium. This is what makes stainless steel different from mild steel or any other steel.
Although Stainless steel round tubes( which is alos known as “ท่อกลมสแตนเลส” in the Thai lanaguage) are not the cheapest option on the market, they have many benefits. Apart from being resistant to corrosion, which enables them to be useful in thin wall piping, they have low fluid friction properties and are easy to maintain, making them cost effective. They have been used in the construction of safe and long-lasting structures, like factories.
Image Source: Google
Different types of stainless steel round bars and tubes are made to withstand different environments, with varying temperatures. Here are several types of such tubes:
- Ferritic – same as austenitic, but a better resistant to corrosion. It is used in indoor equipment, like washing machines.
- Austenitic – ductile, non magnetic and good for welding. It is used to make kitchen wares, large scale piping and containers.
- Duplex stainless steel tubes – have high strength and resistant to corrosion. They also have high thermal conductivity and low thermal expansion properties. They are used in chemical processes.
- Heat resistant tubes – used for steaming where temperature is very high. They are resistant to heat. They are used in boilers.
- Martensitic – contains 11-13% chromium, making it moderately resistant to corrosion. It is also strong and has magnetic properties. It is used in making turbines.
Stainless steel, which is integrated in tubes and pipes, has now become an integral part of the manufacturing industry. Stainless steel is used in manufacturing industries for its high corrosion resistance, and it is available in various sizes and diameters.