Today, here in this post we will discuss troubleshooting steps for Garmin express not working on window 10. The prime reason for Garmin Express not working on windows 10 is an incompatible .NET framework. To fix this issue, follow the steps given below:
Step1: Deactivate .NET 4.6 Windows Component
- When you start Garmin express on window 10 and get an error message stating “Unexpected error” then the only solution is to get the specified .NET version say .NET 3.5 components. It is recommended to delete any other .NET version installed on your PC.
- Once all above done, then restart your system, and you can get Garmin Express is working fine.
Step2: Remove Corrupted Garmin Express Configuration File
Check your Garmin Express configuration files, there is a possibility that the Garmin configuration file or Garmin Express folder gets corrupted at times. So, it is advisable to delete these files. Follow the steps given below to remove these files.
- Go to the “Start” menu and launch the run windows.
- Now, type %localappdata% in the search field.
- Locate and right-click on the Garmin_Ltd._or_its_subsid folder.
- Delete this folder/file while clicking on “Yes”; to give your final consent.
- Now, relaunch your Garmin Express; it may start working. If again Garmin express is not working? Read and follow the next step.
Step 3: Update Windows 10
Make sure, you are using an updated version of window 10. An outdated version of windows 10 can also create a problem for Garmin Express to work. To update window on your system follow the steps given below:
- Go to “Control Panel” via the start menu.
- Click on the “Update Windows” option.
- A notification will pop-up stating any update available for you.
- Click on the “Update” button start updating your windows.
After updating windows; restart your system and open Garmin Express, if you are still getting any issue, then feel free to contact our experts at My Garmin Map Updates and get the required help.